Yesterday, after a long day with a migraine, things were finally starting to calm down. I was sitting on the couch and this bag popped into my head and said. “I must be made.” I was not in the mood to draw up a sketch or make a pattern last night…but the bag would not go away.I grabbed a pencil and some printer paper, while my husband watched TV, I sketched. It took only two edits to the drawing to get the bag the way it wanted to be. Thought I was done for the night. I laid the sketch down and watched a little TV with DH…but that bag kept coming to the front of my mind. It said, “If you leave the sketch there, you’ll spill something on it. Make a Pattern!” “Grrr” I thought.
I looked at the pile of unused computer paper and thought about my pattern paper in the craft room. I just didn’t want to go get the pattern paper…or work in the craft room, so I decided to use computer paper. I thought, I can make the bag with three pattern pieces. (Reminded myself of the game show, “Name That Tune.”) I started to draw again. The pieces came out on the first try…everything fit together…no ruler…on erasing…just that simple.
I hoped the bag didn’t insist on being made last night…it didn’t. I made the bag this morning. It looks great if I do say so myself…there is only one problem…the bag in my head keeps telling me it was supposed to be white with a black cuff. LOL So I guess I’ll be making a trip to the fabric store and making the bag likes it wants to be.
Oh, don't forget about my GIVEAWAY!




8 comments:
Hello Carrie,
I have those moment, when creativity
won't leave me alone...Your purse turned out great. I love the sweet cupcakes for your daughter, bling and all how clever. Thanks for stopping by my blog and be sure and visit again. I love meeting new people and it was sure nice meeting you Pinkie Denise
The bag is cute!! I love the colors, can't wait to see the black & white one:-)
Hello from the Etsy forum!! Just wanted to say hello!
That's just how ideas work, once they are in your head they desperately want to come out. And they don't mind what time it is!! I like the bag...lovely design!btw, thanks for your visit!
That bag certainly knows what it wants! It is truly lovely :)
Love the brown and pink. You will see lots of it on my blog and in my Etsy shop!
Your bag is too cute!
Thank you Nancy!
Post a Comment